Created by Bio Molecular Systems
The world’s first Magnetic Induction Cycler.
The box is small. The ideas are big
- Mic uses a patented magnetic induction technology to heat your samples and fan forced air for cooling. This means fast qPCR results through rapid heating and cooling with 35 cycles possible in under 25 minutes*.
- Back that up with a robust optical system that acquires all channels simultaneously and running multiplexed assays has never been quicker. The Mic real-time cycler is available in either 2 or 4 channel models.
- Each channel uses an independent high intensity LED, photodetector and filter set combining together to give unparalleled detection performance.
- With a fixed optical path and no moving parts there is never any optical alignment or calibration required. Even better is that no reference dyes or crosstalk compensation is required.
- Mic delivers unrivaled reproducibility between samples, runs and instruments. Real-time PCR replicates have never looked so good and detection of two-fold differences in gene expression levels never easier.
- Comparing samples between multiple runs or even multiple instruments is effortless.
- To achieve this level of quantification precision, the Mic real-time cycler incorporates a unique spinning aluminium rotor which has unsurpassed temperature uniformity during both dynamic and static operations.
- Combine temperature accuracy of ±0.25ºC, a first class well-to- well temperature uniformity of ±0.05ºC, and superior equilibration time (zero seconds for all wells to reach the same temperature) and you can easily classify difficult class IV SNPs that require melt temperature resolutions of less than 0.1ºC.
- You don’t need to calibrate – ever.
- This is the most portable and compact qPCR machine on the market.
- The Mic tube format uses 0.1mL strips of four tubes and matching caps, supporting volumes of 5 to 30µL. A tab on the first tube ensures correct orientation of tubes at all times.
- High speed centrifugation ensures samples spin down at the start of a run and the pre-loaded oil overlay inside each tube prevents evaporation and condensation. We have eliminated the need for bulky heated lids and external centrifuges whilst simultaneously improving the quality of results.
- These benefits are only possible because of Mic’s unique rotary and magnetic induction cycler technology.
- Multiple Mic instruments can be operated from one workstation so 48 becomes 96, and 96 becomes 192. As many as ten instruments can connect to one PC. Bluetooth technology means fewer cables too.
- With the latest addition to Mic’s powerful software, it is easy to combine data from multiple runs from multiple machines into one dataset for analysis. Mic’s thermal and optical performance is so reproducible your data looks like it was generated from the same qPCR machine.
Naturally, you want to be up and running as quickly as possible so installation for the instrument has been made plug-and-play. It’s as simple as installing the software and starting your first run.
Expertly balanced for ultimate performance and accuracy.
|Height||130mm (265mm lid open)|
|Temperature Uniformity||±0.01°C (SD)|
|Ramp Rates||Heating 5°C/s
|Temperature Input Range||35 – 99°C|
|Detectors||Photodiode per channel|
|Excitation Sources||High power LED for each channel|
|Channels||Green||Ex 465nm||Em 510nm|
|Yellow||Ex 540nm||Em 570nm|
|Orange||Ex 585nm||Em 618nm|
|Red||Ex 635nm||Em 675nm|
|Acquisition Time||1 second|
|Samples per Instrument||48|
|Reaction Volume Range||5 – 30µL|
|Temperature||18 – 35ºC|
|Relative Humidity||20 – 80%|